Who doesn’t love bacon? It’s one of the most popular ingredients out there right now and what better way to serve it than in a delicious frittata? This frittata recipe combines bacon with mushrooms and will delight any bacon lover.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms, any kind work but try portabella for a heartier taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces of fresh baby spinach
- 3 slices of hickory smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 10 ounce can of Rotel, drained
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese, crumbled (you can also use regular feta)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat the oil over medium heat in a 10 inch ovenproof non-stick skillet or a cast iron skillet. Sauté mushrooms in oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in the spinach and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute or until the spinach just begins to wilt. Add the bacon, Rotel, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, gently lifting the edges with a spatula and tilting pan so the uncooked portions of egg flows underneath. Transfer to the oven and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Slide the frittata onto a large platter and cut into 6 to 8 wedges. Serve immediately.